Abu Dhabi 360 aims to make the emirate one of the healthiest and happiest places in the world for generations to come by offering a evidence-based, whole-person wellness programme that is accessible, individualised, inclusive, and localised. It provides capability, motivation, and opportunity for people to change their behaviour and invest in every aspect of their health, including physical, mental, and social health. However, the success of the programme relies on the community rallying together to create a community-wide wellness movement.
Asked to explain how Abu Dhabi 360 will make the emirate one of the healthiest and happiest places in the world for generations to come, Dr Bromley, a UK-based public health expert and an international advisor on social change programming mentioned the following points
- Using an evidence-based behaviour theory called COM-B to provide capability, motivation, and opportunity for behavioural change.
- Focusing on whole-person wellness to invest in every aspect of health.
- Being accessible through multiple mediums, such as an app, calendar of events, and community challenges.
- Taking an individualised approach with customisable pathways for everyone.
- Being inclusive for people of every age, shape, and ability level.
- Being localised and considering local health concerns, climate, and culture.
- Encouraging a community-wide wellness movement for long-term investment in oneself, family, and community.