Jordi Savall is one of the most versatile musical personalities of his generation. For more than fifty years, he has rescued musical gems from the obscurity of neglect and oblivion and given them back for all to enjoy. A tireless researcher of early music, he interprets and performs the repertory both as a gambist and a conductor. His activities as a concert performer, teacher, researcher, and creator of new musical and cultural projects have made him a leading figure in the reappraisal of historical music. Together with Montserrat Figueras, he founded the ensembles Hespèrion XXI (1974), La Capella Reial de Catalunya (1987), and Le Concert des Nations (1989), with whom he explored and created a world of emotion and beauty shared with millions of early music enthusiasts around the world.
With his key participation in Alain Corneau’s film Tous les Matins du Monde (awarded the César Cinema Prize for the best soundtrack), his intense concert activity (about 140 concerts per year), his record releases (6 recordings per year) and the creation in 1998, together with Montserrat Figueras, of his own record label, Alia Vox, Jordi Savall has shown that early music does not have to be elitist, but rather that it appeals to an increasingly wide and diverse audience of all age groups.
Event Policies, Terms, and Conditions
- The Arts Center at NYU Abu Dhabi is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for all patrons.
- Entry to the NYUAD Campus is through either the East or West Parking or the Welcome Center.
- Patrons will be required to present a valid ticket to an event at The Arts Center upon entry to the campus.
- As per current Department of Culture and Tourism guidelines a Green Al Hosn is NO LONGER needed to attend public events in Abu Dhabi.
- The wearing of face masks is NO LONGER required in most indoor public places, including campus buildings.
- For access and wheelchair bookings please email firstname.lastname@example.org